Bootcamps have been offered on a regular basis to assist those who are interested in "shibbolizing" application. For more details on how to setup Shibboleth SP software, watch the Shibboleth bootcamp presentation previously recorded on October 29, 2009.
Topics covered during the bootcamp include:
- What is Shibboleth and how does it work.
- How to install and configure the SP software.
- How to protect content.
- Operational understanding of Shibboleth, SAML2, and federated identity.
- Best practices for hosting a Shibboleth service provider with your application.
Configuring an existing system to act as a UF Shibboleth service provider.
- Understanding common issues surrounding login, forced re-authentication, and logout.
The bootcamp resources are available as follows:
- Introduction Bootcamp and Advanced Bootcamp, 2011-03-03
Both intro and advanced slides
- Bootcamp October 30th, 2009.
Watch the Shibboleth Bootcamp presentation. (50 minutes)
View the slides.
- Bootcamp November 20th, 2009
Watch streaming video.